Friday, March 28, 2008

Cute Husband

So tonight we watched Nicholas and Sam. If you don't know who these boys are by now, you haven't been reading my blog. I was making dinner and they were running around my house screaming chasing each other, surprise, they are children. Brent walked in the door looking very tired from a long week at work.
In five minutes he was chasing them around the house and would catch them and tickle them. They loved it! This is kind of new because Brent is always so tired when he comes home from work and sometimes when children are involved he hides upstairs.
As I was preparing dinner, I watched Brent's face light up when he'd say, "I'm going to get you! You better run!", and then proceed to run around in circles with Duke following behind him.
It brought tears to my eyes knowing that my husband will make the best dad in the world. Whether he's tired or not, the kids will come first. He loves Nicholas and Sam and loves it when he comes home to more then just me and Duke.
We had dinner and he acted just like a dad telling them to finish their meal or we couldn't watch a movie. He helped me clean up the dishes and wiped the table and then cuddled with the boys on the couch while we watched Bee Movie. Even though they aren't our children to have, we felt like for one moment what it would be like to be a family.
I am so excited to see my cute husband be a father.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina Elliott said...

You are absolutely right, Brent will make a great Dad, and you will be an absolutely wonderful mother. Thanks for always taking care of my kids and making my load lighter. I hope I can make yours a little lighter too.

April 1, 2008 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger rowdystroudy said...

OH MY GOSH! I just got your email about your new baby and I am freaking out with excitement! I will call you soon...but I want to let you have a first night together! love you guys!

April 1, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home